Frequently Asked Questions
Are in-person counselling sessions offered at this time?
- Yes. We offer in-person, online, and telephone counselling depending on your preference.
What are your office hours?
- Each counsellor has a different schedule. Please visit the counsellors page to view their availability.
What is the cost for counselling?
- 50 min intake and counselling sessions with a Registered Clinical Counsellor are $140
- 50 min intake and counselling sessions with a CCPA Registered Counsellor are $140
- 50 min intake and counselling sessions with a first year registered CCC Counsellor $84
- 50 min intake and counselling sessions with a Counselling student is $50
- Group therapy is $160 per course
Will my plan cover counselling?
- It may be covered if you have extended medical benefits. Please ensure your plan covers sessions with Registered Clinical Counsellors or CCPA Registered Counsellors.
- If you have experienced trauma and are registered with Victims Services.
- If you have an ICBC claim, Jennifer and Kimberly can direct bill ICBC
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please provide 48 hours notice when cancelling an appointment. Appointments will not be refunded when less than 48 hours notice is given.
Are therapy sessions confidential?
- Confidentiality is very important to the process of counselling and very important to your counsellor. However, there are some limits to confidentiality. These limits will be explained in the first session.
How do I prepare for my first session?
- Your first appointment is the perfect time for you and your counsellor to get to know one another and discuss why you have decided to seek therapy. To prepare for this, mull over some counselling goals, bring paper and a pen, and be yourself. Your counsellor wants to gain insight into your situation and who you are so they may best suit your counselling needs.
Is Westshore Counselling offering group therapy at this time?
- Yes! We are offering group therapy for anxiety and depression. Visit the home page or call reception for more information.
Where is the office?
- Counselling sessions are available in Langford, BC at #204-2780 Veterans Memorial Parkway. See map below,