Frequently Asked Questions
Are in-person counselling sessions offered at this time?
- Yes. We offer in-person, online, and telephone counselling depending on your preference.
What are your office hours?
- Each counsellor has a different schedule. Please visit the counsellors page to view their availability.
What is the cost for counselling?
- Please visit Counsellors page for prices as rates vary depending on the counsellor.
What are the counsellor designations?
- MA Masters of Arts in Counselling Psychology.
- MC Masters in Counselling Psychology.
- M Ed Masters of Education in Counselling Psychology.
- CHT Certified Hakomi Therapist.
- RCC Registered Clinical Counsellor with British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors. (BCACC)
- CCC Canadian Certified Counsellor with Canadian Counselling and Psychotherapy Association (CCPA)
How do I book with a student Intern?
- Contact your preferred intern at their email address. on the Counsellor page.
Are students supervised?
- Yes, Students are supervised. They will record sessions for discussions during supervision and may invite supervisors into sessions occasionally with permission from the client.
- Ideally, pre-payment would happen 48 hours before the session to save time and your spot. Etransfer, cash, and cheques are accepted.
Will my plan cover counselling?
- It may be covered if you have extended medical benefits. Prior to booking, please call your provider to see if they cover sessions with CCC and CCPA Registered Counsellors or Registered Clinical Counsellors.
- If you are registered with Victims Services sessions will be covered with most counsellors.
- If you have an ICBC claim, Jennifer and Kimberly can direct bill ICBC.
What is the cancellation policy?
- Please provide 48 hours notice when cancelling an appointment. Appointments will not be refunded when less than 48 hours notice is given.
Are therapy sessions confidential?
- Confidentiality is very important to the process of counselling and very important to your counsellor. However, there are some limits to confidentiality. These limits will be explained in the first session.
How do I prepare for my first session?
- Your first appointment is the perfect time for you and your counsellor to get to know one another and discuss why you have decided to seek therapy. To prepare for this, mull over some counselling goals, bring paper and a pen, and be yourself. Your counsellor wants to gain insight into your situation and who you are so they may best suit your counselling needs.
Is Westshore Counselling offering group therapy at this time?
- We currently have no groups available but check back. We will likely offer group counselling in the fall.
Where is the office?
- Counselling sessions are available in Langford, BC at #204-2780 Veterans Memorial Parkway. See map below,